Is this replacing Miss Oktoberfest?
We have retired the Miss Oktoberfest program. The Ambassador Program was created to reflect our changing festival and the diverse community that we call home. The program is designed to be inclusive to all Oktoberfest and community champions.
Do I need to be German/Bavarian to be considered?
No! You just need to have a passion for our festival and our local community.
Who can apply?
Anyone between the ages 19-29 and residing within 40km of Waterloo Region can apply! We are welcoming of all gender identities, races, and cultures.
How is the Ambassador chosen?
Selection is based on the application, interview process with the selection panel, and overall participation in the pre-interview events. Stay tuned for dates on the pre-interview events.
What are the benefits of the program?
- Personal growth in areas such as public speaking, confidence, trying new things, meeting new people
- Career advancement opportunities in areas of networking, community involvement, and volunteerism
- Training in areas such as diversity & inclusion, media appearances, and social media
- This is a unique chance to be involved with both Oktoberfest and other events in our local community in a way that you could not experience elsewhere – like the “VIP” experience, “behind the scenes” , etc.
What kind of activities does the Ambassador do?
- Public speaking engagements, community appearances, opportunities to volunteer within the festival and alongside community partners
- Supporting/managing a social media platform
- Appearances throughout Oktoberfest, such as Official Keg Tapping, Festhallen visits, Thanksgiving Day Parade, Oktoberfest Cares events
How long is the role/what kind of commitment?
Year-long commitment, heaviest time commitment is during the festival itself.
How much does it cost to apply?
There are NO application fees
What do I need to wear as the Ambassador? Do I need to own tracht?
No, you do not need to own tracht! We encourage applicants to dress accordingly for their interviews or event appearances.