Nominations are open!
Nominations close on March 15, 2021.
1. Please read the Nomination Guidelines below before filling out the Nomination Form.
2. Check that your nominee has not been a recipient in the past 10 years: Recipients 2010-2019.
3. Fill out the Nomination Form in full.
- Nominees are any open to any women-identifying persons fitting in the established award category criteria i.e. age, location, etc.
- Nominees must reside/work/volunteer in the Regional Municipality of Waterloo. Waterloo Region consists of: Cambridge, Kitchener, and Waterloo. Townships include: Wellesley, Wilmot, Woolwich, and North Dumfries.
- Nominees in the Young Adult category must be from 14 to 23 years of age and must be registered for full-time studies at the time of the award presentation (MAY 2021). Nominees in the Lifetime Achievement category must have volunteered or worked for over 25 years in the Waterloo Region.
- Groups nominated in the Group Achievement category must consist of two or more women, all of whom reside/work/volunteer in the Regional Municipality of Waterloo.
- Nominator must contact the Nominee(s) to inform them of their Nomination. Nominee(s) has the right to decline to be nominated, in which case, no nomination should be submitted.
- Prior to submitting a Nomination, ensure the Nominee(s) is eligible for nomination by checking the past Award Recipients List. Please note: recipients of past Women of the Year Awards are ineligible for a period of 10 years.
- The nomination submission is limited to 4 pages (8 ½” x 11”) double-sided, including the official nomination form and any supporting documentation (ie. award certificate, newspaper clipping or letter of endorsement). Any page after the 4th will not be considered.
- A nominee cannot be nominated in more than one category. It is up to the discretion of the Committee to make the final determination as to the category best suited for the nominee.
- Nominations will be accepted until close of business, Monday, March 15, 2021; any submission received after this date will not be considered for the 2021 Awards, but will be placed with the 2022 nominations.
Tips For Getting Started
- Contact the nominee and confirm she is willing to have her nomination submitted.
- Ask the nominee for several individuals who would be willing to provide letters of support. If the nominee feels comfortable, ask if she would provide you with the names of these individuals to contact or if she would like to make the connection.
- Email is always an easy way to connect with people but perhaps an email first from the nominee introducing you will validate your intentions.
- Ensure the letters of support include information which is requested in the online nomination form. Recommend the individuals providing letters of support review the online nomination form and areas which need to be highlighted for the nominees submission.
- Once letter of support have been received – complete the online form and attach the letters. If you are unable to attach them at time of submission you can forward the letters to the Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest office located at 17 Benton Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 3G9, Attn: Women of the Year.
NOTE: The online form will allow you to save a partially completed submission for you to return and complete at a later date. Once you have clicked “Save Progress” it will generate a unique URL for your form. Please be sure to bookmark the URL to return to it at a later date. Alternatively, a dialogue box will appear in the bottom right corner, click that box and enter your email to have the URL emailed to your inbox for easy reference.
Looking for more information about Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest? Well you’ve come to the right place mein freund!