The K-W Oktoberfest Rogers Women of the Year recognizes and pays tribute to outstanding women in the community in the following categories: Arts & Culture; Community Service; Health & Wellness; Entrepreneur; Lifetime Achievement; Professional; Sports & Recreation; and Young Adult. Be sure to attend this year's gala event!
Residents of the Region are encouraged to nominate their choice for Women of the Year and enjoy this evening with these distinguished women. Nominees can be someone who is involved in the community, an inspiration to others, a motivational person, someone who embraces change or demonstrates initiative, someone who recognizes and confirms success in others, or someone who touches people's lives in a more quiet and compassionate way.
Arts & Culture
(sponsored by 96.7 CHYM FM/570 News/KIX 106.7 FM)
For enriching the culture of our community through creation or promotion of the arts on a volunteer or professional basis.
Community Service (sponsored by Rogers TV) For generously volunteering her time to programs and services that make our community a better place.
Entrepreneur (sponsored by Wilfrid Laurier University - School of Business & Economics) For initiating and/or administering an enterprise or business.
Health & Wellness (sponsored by The Boardwalk) For promoting and helping others achieve and promote mental, physical or spiritual wellbeing in her career or community involvement.
Lifetime Achievement (sponsored by McIntyre Team - Remax Solid Gold Realty) For over 35 years, has been a role model, mentor and/or advocate for positive social change.
Professional (sponsored by Rogers Wireless) For dedicating herself to the pursuit of excellence in her chosen career.
Sports & Recreation (sponsored by Rogers TV) For actively participating, coaching or volunteering in sports or recreation.
Young Adult (14 to 25) (sponsored by Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest) For leading by example and being a role model to her peers.
1. Nomination Guidelines, please read these before filling out the Intent-to-Nominate or Nomination Forms.
2. Check that your nominee has not been a recipient in the past: Recipients 2003-2012.
3. Nomination Form! Please read guidelines before filling out nomination. Deadline is August 30, 2013.
Tips For Getting Started
· Contact the nominee and confirm she is willing to have her nomination submitted.
· Ask the nominee for several individuals who would be willing to provide letters of support. If the nominee feels comfortable, ask if she would provide you with the names of these individuals to contact or if she would like to make the connection.
· Email is always an easy way to connect with people but perhaps an email first from the nominee introducing you will validate your intentions.
· Ensure the letters of support include information which is requested in the online nomination form. Recommend the individuals providing letters of support review the online nomination form and areas which need to be highlighted for the nominees submission.
· Once letter of support have been received - complete the online form and forward the letters to the Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest office located at 17 Benton Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 3G9, Attn: Women of the Year.
2012 Award Recipients: (l-r) Brooke Myers (Arts & Culture), Yvonne Zensner (Entrepreneur), Mary Jo Fedy (Professional), Paulet Biedermann (Community Service), Mandy Bujold (Sports & Recreation), Magdalena Stopinski (Health & Wellness), Amber Shewfelt (Young Adult) and Florence Hansen-Jucker - missing (Lifetime Achievement).